Terms and Conditions
- Coach-Client Relationship – Duties & Responsibilities. A business and/or life coaching relationship is a partnership between two or more individuals or entities. This relationship is not a legal partnership, instead more like a teacher-student or coach-athlete relationship. Each party must uphold their obligations for the coaching relationship to be successful.
- Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and suggestions, and to fully engage and devote himself/herself to the coaching process.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that coaching is a comprehensive process that may explore different areas of his/her life, including work, finances, health and relationships, but it is ultimately the Client’s decision how he/she incorporates coaching into each aspect of life.
- Client is solely responsible for implementing the techniques discovered through coaching.
- This coaching relationship, as well as all information (physical or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. BE ADVISED: the Coach-Client relationship is not a relationship protected by legal confidentiality (like doctor-patient or attorney-client). As such, the Coach could be required to divulge otherwise confidential information to authorities.
- Cancellation Policy. Client agrees to notify Coach 48 hours in advance of any scheduled session that he/she needs to cancel. Coach reserves the right to charge the Client for the full scheduled session , in accordance with clause two, stated above, the meaning of which would be full payment.
- Termination of Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time upon 14 days’ written notice to the other party at the address provided above.
- Limited Liability. Coach makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event shall the Coach be liable to the Client for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the Client to the Coach under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date. Client agrees that the Coach is not liable or responsible for any actions or inactions, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach.
- Entire Agreement. This document reflects the entire agreement between the Coach and the Client and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Coach and the Client.
- Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
- Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or enforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
- Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Website Specific Terms and Conditions
Users should assume that everything they see or read on this site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of Dione Lockyer as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on this site.
Users may download and distribute materials displayed on this site, provided that they do not alter, modify or receive consideration for the materials in any way, and that they also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the life coaching website.
Browsing this website is at the user’s own risk, and Dione Lockyer accepts no liability for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of access to, or usage of, the site.
Images of people or places displayed on this site are either the property of, or use with permission by, Dione Lockyer. The use of, or the authorization of use of, these images by users I prohibited unless specifically permitted by written consent by Dione Lockyer. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statuses.
Any information gathered from users on this site, e.g. filling out the contact form, will be kept in the strictest of confidence and no data, personal information, contact details will be passed to a third party under any circumstances.
Dione Lockyer reserves the rights at any time to revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions to which they are bound.